Volunteering at Imaginate Festival: Day 1

This will be my second year volunteering at the Imaginate Festival in Edinburgh. 


I am very excited, I will be stewarding at Festival Theatre for 'Henry and Bucket' show, that will be good to watch. 

The staff were warm and welcoming when I arrived to volunteer. 


My job was FOH Steward, I was asked to  greet the Delegates, schools, etc. and welcome in the waiting area; and handout Feedback forms to be filled out after the show and give out stickers to he children and to any of the adults if they wished to have one. 


The show 'Henry and Bucket' was brilliant. Before the show began the cast came out and greeted their audience in character. Giving an introduction about the show. The school children enjoyed it throughout from what I made of the constant giggles. It was a good example of Brechtian and poor man's theatre at its best.  Using brecht's techniques of narrating and the change of characters from the Witch to Henry and back again. I loved how the use of imagery in the words was incorporated into their movements. They made good use of space and set; with use of sound to show the change of setting. I applaud the director and actors for this great piece of theatre. I would definitely recommend this show to others, to go and watch. Children's Theatre at its best!

Comments

Popular Posts